The interest [in astronomy] never waned and in the early nineties my old love for quality refractors and astrophotography was revived by the appearance of the new generation Astro-Physics telescopes: fast f-ratio, virtually colour-free imaging instruments. I was hooked again !

A few years ago, my job brought me to Chile and I grabbed the opportunity to make a childhood dream come true: my own observatory under good skies ! It saw first light in November 2001. After a rewarding re-start with film astrophotography, I quickly became a believer in CCD imaging technology. Nowadays, about 90 % of my work is CCD imaging, the remaining 10 % is wide field medium format astrophotography.

- Daniel Verschatse

Visit his site at:
http://astrosurf.com/antilhue/index.htm