Flat Surface Adapter with Flat Pier Plate - 1100GTO and all 900 Mounts - for 8" ATS and other non-Astro-Physics piers (119FSA-FP)
Brand : Astro-Physics
- Approximately 3 days after order is placed.
If you are ordering a 8" ATS pier for your 1100GTO, you will need to order this adapter to interface the pier post with the base of your mount. You may also consider it if you are fabricating your own pier for either the 1100GTO or any 900 mount. You do NOT need this adapter for the 8" Astro-Physics Piers.
This item is constructed of two machined aluminum parts bolted together - a thick flat plate and our Flat Surface Adapter for 1100GTO and 900 Mounts (119FSA).
The lower flat-plate section of this adapter is also drilled and tapped so that the ADATRI can be attached. This allows the Mach1GTO and all 400 and 600E mounts to be attached to your 8" pier.
Click image for dimensional drawing.
Use with 8" ATS Piers and 1100GTO and 900GTO
- The base of the 119FSA-FP has already been machined per the specifications provided by ATS to fit into their portable piers with the standard 1/8" wall thickness (I.D. 7.700") without further modification. The 1100GTO will fit directly into the top portion of the 119FSA-FP. If you choose to order the 8" ATS Portable Pier with the 1/4" wall thickness or the ATS Permanent Pier, ATS will modify the base diameter for a small up-charge. This adapter adds 1.616" to the height of the ATS pier.
Use for Other Piers and 1100GTO and 900GTO
- Machine the bottom portion of this plate to fit the I.D. of your pier, if necessary. Please refer to the diagram to determine if your pier is suitable. The base of the 1100GTO will fit directly into the top portion of the 119FSA-FP.
900 Mounts – additional information
- Machine the bottom portion of this plate to fit the I.D. of your pier, if necessary. Please refer to the diagram to determine if your pier is suitable.
- These adapters for the 900GTO will fit into the top portion: Precision-Adjust Rotating Pier Adapter (900RPA), Standard Pier Adapter (900SPA), or 900 Hi-Lo Latitude Wedge (900WDG or 900WDGA).
5/16-18 x 5/8" (6) and washers - attaches 1612FP to ATS pier or other similar piers.