2" x 1/2" Barrel Extension with 48mm Threads (A3703)
Brand : Astro-Physics
This 2" x ½" Barrel Extension is a more robust version of T-thread extension tubes. It uses 48 mm threads at both ends (female and male) instead of the smaller 42 mm T-threads. Its internal light baffles are painted flat-black to avoid reflections. Use more than one to increase spacing distance and/or telecompression in 1/2" (12.7 mm) increments.
This extension has a net spacing distance of 0.5" (12.7 mm).
- Spacer for the to achieve precise and/or additional telecompression
- Moves the further into the optical path, requiring less focuser in-travel
- Use with our when using 2" filters and needing more space for long barrel eyepieces, so as to not strike the filter
- Extends the eyepiece barrel length of 1.25"/2" eyepieces for use with 2" filters
- Use with the in front of the for increased magnification
- Facilitates focus with short focuser-travel systems like Newtonians
- Use with parfocal rings (obtained elsewhere) to accommodate eyepiece parfocality