F7.7 Field Flattener for 160f7.5 StarFire EDF. Also need one of the adapters listed in description (160FF)
Brand : Astro-Physics
Discontinued: No Longer Available
- Historical information::
- Please refer to description below.
As of 04-23-21, the 160FF has been discontinued.
The following historical information is provided for your reference.
Application: Digital imaging with CCD and DSLR cameras. Also suitable for video and 35mm film cameras.
The 160 f/7.7 Prime Focus Field Flattener is made specifically for the 160 f/7.5 StarFire EDF with its 4" focuser. The effective speed of the 160EDF will be f/7.7 when this Field Flattener is used.
Correction is essentially diffraction-limited over a 76 mm (3") circle, encompassing 3.5 degrees of sky. Stars will be pinpoint into the extreme corners of the field.
Required for optimal performance:
- The distance from the field flattener to the focal plane is critical and must be maintained +/- 2.5 mm. If you remove the extension piece, the distance is 99.1 mm (3.9") from rear of housing to the focal plane; plenty of room for rotators, filter wheels, etc.
- The distance must be the OPTICAL distance - NOT the mechanical distance. Please be sure that you have accounted for the indexing effects of your filters, sensor cover slips and any other glass in the light path. Please review the document "175 & 160 CCD Field Flattener Spacing Requirements" for more information.
Astro-Physics produces several adapters (listed below). These adapters, when used with their respective cameras, provide perfect spacing. The special adapters for the STL cameras ensure minimal vignetting of the corners of the format (vignetting is unavoidable in these cameras due to the limitations of the filter size).
The 160 CCD Field Flattener comes with beautifully machined anodized aluminum covers: protection befitting the fine optics.
|Fully Illuminated Circle||3.0" (76 mm)||3.5 degrees|
|KAF-3200||14.9 x 10 mm||0.69 x 0.47 degrees|
|KAF-8300||18.0 x 13.5 mm||0.84 x 0.63 degrees|
|APS-C||22.4 x 14.9 mm||1.04 x 0.69 degrees|
|16803||36.9 x 36.9 mm||1.71 x 1.71 degrees|
|35 mm Full Frame||36 x 24 mm||1.68 x 1.12 degrees|
Chip not listed? The 160FF yields 2.791 arcminutes per mm of chip.
Choose the Appropriate Adapter for Your Application
- 175 & 160 CCD Field Flattener Spacing Requirements
- Field Flatteners, TCCs & QUADTCC Imaging Train Options
- Optimizing Your Field Flattener / Lens / Camera Combination
If you need an adapter that is not listed above, we recommend that you contact PreciseParts. Be sure to review the 175 & 160 CCD Field Flattener Spacing Requirements" diagram for more information.