Flat Surface Pier Adapter for 3600GTO Mount (3600FSA)
Brand : Astro-Physics
Discontinued: No Longer Available
- Historical information::
- Please refer to the description below.
This pier adapter is no longer available. The following historical information is provided for your reference.
We strongly recommend the use of a flat top-plate and our 3600 Flat Surface Adapter when designing your setup for the 3600GTO mount, whether on a portable or a permanent pier. Bolt this adapter onto the flat plate at the top of your pier.
The 3600GTO fits into the ID of the adapter; eight side bolts hold the mount in place. This adapter is machined from a solid plate and is ribbed in the base for strength and reduced weight. It is 12" OD, 1 7/8" tall and weighs 5.75 lb.
- Eight (8) holes for 3/8" bolts on a 10.788" diameter bolt circle
- Three (3) holes for 5/16" bolts spaced 4.25" from the center and one (1) hole, also for a 5/16" bolt 3.125" from the center. This spacing allows you to attach the adapter to the 1200 Standard Pier Adapter (1200SPA), which allows it to be used with a 10" diameter pier. We used this option before our pier was completed. Please note that this is not a recommended practice for a permanent setup or for a very large instrument.
- Center hole for a 5/16" bolt to use if you chose.
- Click here for a dimensional drawing (PDF)