Baader 100mm AstroSolar ASSF Filter, fits 105-120mm OD (ASSF-100)
Brand : Baader Planetarium
- Call for availability and reserve yours with 50% deposit
The ASSF family of filters offers a stable and rigid solution for all telescopes, spotting scopes and camera lenses. The AstroSolar® filter material is mounted onto a plastic ring. This ring is mounted onto the aluminum front frame.
If you plan to observe with magnifications above 120x, Baader Planetarium recommends the ASTF filters. The temperature-compensating feature of the ASTF filters will ensure that the filter material expands and contracts with the filter cell as temperatures change to provide optimum image quality.
- Safe solar observation and photography with all spotting scopes, amateur telescopes and camera lenses
- AstroSolar® Safety Film OD 5.0, mounted stress free in high-quality cell
- Original Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film (OD 5.0), cell-mounted and quality-inspected by skilled members of Baader Planetarium staff
- Clear white IR-rejecting front ring with reinforced raised edges along the outer and inner circumference, designed to protect the solar filter material from contact with any sharp metal edge
- Three (3) injection molded centering-bolts with threaded brass inserts to center the filter-cell in front of the tube opening. These bolts come in three different diameters, depending on the filter category (ASTF/ASSF/ASBF). Each bolt features injection molded rubber grip-faces, shaped to easily slide onto any telescope tube - but to remain firmly mounted.
- No tool mounting and adjustment of the centering bolts to fit a wide variety of mechanical tube diameters. Bolts made to contact the outside or optional (if appropriate) the inside of the optical instrument tube. Refer to Clamping Range of Baader Solar Filters (inner/outer) for further details.
- Non-rotating sliding fasteners made from aluminum that hold the centering bolts. These metal sliders are equipped with a machined indicator to point towards the adjustment index.
- Additional Phillips screws are integrated into the sliding fasteners, so that the centering bolts can be firmly fastened with a screw driver if preferred by the user.
- Index scale provided beside each adjustment slot - adjacent to each sliding fastener, for fast and repeatable adjustment of the filter cell onto different telescope tubes.
- Black, sliding washers supplied to securely cover the full length of the adjustment slots in the aluminum frame - for blocking sunlight from passing through the filter cell beside the filter area.
- Three (3) security straps included, to secure the position of the filter cell with Velcro-adhesive pads. A safety feature to absolutely ensure a secure fit in front of the telescope under any circumstances (ex. gust of wind).
- Only for ASTF-filters: rubber plugs supplied as cover for closing unused adjustment slots in the aluminum frame.
- Warning text printed onto the front side of each filter cell: Read the Instructions before use.
- Cardboard gift box fit for safely shipping and storing the filter.
- ASSF Filter with apertures 50 – 115mm have 3 centering bolts (13mm diameter, 24mm length)
- 3 Safety Straps with adhesive pads
- Screws and washers
Quick Reference for Astro-Physics Refractors, Binoculars and Finders.
- 90 & 92mm Stowaway Dewshield (past and curent): ASSF-100
- Traveler Dewsheild: ASSF-115
- 130GT & 130GTX Dewshield: ASSF-130
- 130EDFS, 130EDT & Star130ED Dewshield: ASSF-130
- 140EDF27 & 140EDF4 Dewshield: ASSF-150
- 155EDF, 155EDFS, 155EDT, Star155ED Dewshield: ASSF-150
- 155EDF, 155EDFS, 155EDT, Star155ED Lens Cell: ASSF-130
- 160EDF Dewshield: ASSF-150
If you want to find a filter for a scope not listed above, check this chart.
For more information, please refer to these documents :