GTO Keypad with Keypad Protector for GTOCP4 and GTOCP5 Control Boxes. Serial # of mount required for purchase. (KEYVFK2)
Brand : Astro-Physics
- Call for Availability
This Keypad should only be purchased for use with the GTOCP4 and GTOCP5 control boxes with version P02-09 firmware or later. If you own a GTOCP1, GTOCP2 or GTOCP3 control box, please consider the KEYVFK model.
The Keypad is a self-contained handheld computer that allows you to control all essential telescope functions and includes an extensive database of objects. We have designed this unit to be as intuitive and easy to use as possible, while filling it with terrific features to make your observing session productive and pleasurable.
You will be very pleased with the intuitive operation of this controller. You do not have to remember shift key patterns or complex keystroke sequences. The directional buttons are shaped like arrows to help you find them in the dark without looking at your keypad. The stop button is readily accessible if you need to cancel any slewing request immediately. It is so easy to use that even if you don't use it for a few months, you will feel at home with the Keypad very quickly.
The menu system is very easy to navigate. Each 4-line screen will display several choices which correspond to a number button. Simply press the number button to initiate the command, e.g. "1=M, 2=NGC." When you press "1", the Messier entry screen will display and you can enter the number of the object that you wish to view. Press GOTO, which will cause the mount to slew. The <PREV and NEXT> buttons will allow you to scroll quickly through the lists of common names or from one menu to another.
- Handheld keypad with red backlit alphanumeric keypad and red 4-line by 20-character data display.
- Vacuum-fluorescent display rated to -40 degrees F or C (F and C are equivalent at this temperature!) allows hardy observers to view or image on cold winter nights (please contact Astro-Physics if you wish to operate the mount in severe temperatures below -20F). Normal computers and mobile devices cannot be used at these temperatures.
- Directional N-S-E-W keys provide immediate response when you wish to center an object or cruise the surface of the moon.
- Retractable hanger.
Firmware Features - Version 5
- NEW - Modeling options: Point & Track, Drift and Ortho models (GTOCP4 must have Keypad Modeling License feature enabled)
- NEW - Slew Home & Sync - Mach2GTO only
- NEW - Find Home - 1100 & 1600 mounts with Absolute Encoders only
- NEW - Flip Scope meridian delay option
- NEW - Bookmark favorite objects for quick access or preplan your session.
- NEW - Rate automatically adjusts to Lunar or Solar when the Moon or Sun are selected.
- NEW - Quick and easy Daytime Polar Alignment routine using our pre-defined part positions.
- Autoconnect:Yes setting allows rapid startup if your mount is at a permanent location and polar-aligned.
- Set slewing, guiding and centering rates.
- Sets R.A. and declination reversal (E-W reversal in R.A. and N-S reversal in Dec.) for correct object orientation and movement in eyepiece.
- PEM - Periodic Error Memory (a.k.a. PEC) - Only non-encoder mounts since mounts with Absolute Encoders do not need PEM
- Meridian Delay function allows imagers to continue imaging past the meridian or to start counterweight up and eliminate the pier flip (at safe declination).
- Altitude/Azimuth display allows you to position the mount for fixed targets to any Alt/Az point. This is great for taking dark frames.
- What's Up Now function will suggest objects to view based on what is actually above the horizon at the time.
- External Auto-Connect mode allows primary mount control from an external computer and places the GTO Keypad into a secondary role for seamless operation in computer dominated applications like remote imaging.
- More than 17,000 objects in extensive databases: Messier (110), NGC (7840), IC (5,386), ADS double stars (215), Abell galaxy clusters (2,712), calibration stars by common name (200), Greek star names by constellation (1053), common objects (100), planets (8) , Moon and Sun.
- Tour functions assist you to plan observing session.
- Display will indicate if object is below horizon and cancel slewing request.
- STOP button to cancel your slewing request when the telescope is already moving.
- Timer will let you know when the exposure time of your image is complete.
- Continuous readout of current position.
- Future firmware upgrades available through downloads accessed from the Software Updates page of this website.
Keypad Hardware History
Improvements listed below phased in from April 2002 through June 2003. Most customers already have the current model. New Keypads can be purchased as replacements and backups for all GTO mounts.
- Larger chip memory capacity on new circuit board. Will allow us to add more features to the firmware program in the future. All Keypads with serial # 1565 and later numbers have this larger chip as well as some earlier units that were updated during their repair.
- LED fiber optic backlit panel. Does not require a transformer as the prior EL backlit panel did so they will operate more quietly. Keypads with this feature must also have the updated circuit board. All Keypads with serial # 1568 and higher have this backlit panel.
- Keypad button pad updated in preparation for release of version 5 software as shown in the photo. All keypads with serial # 4522 and higher have this new version have this button pad unless the purchaser chose to have the original version installed.
Specifications of the Keypad
|Dimensions||7.2 x 4.1 x 1" (181.6x104.1x24.6mm)|
|Weight||1 pound 8 ounces, including cable and KEYPRO (680 grams)|
|Cable||15' coiled cable included; optional extension available|
|Red LED fiber optic backlit, alphanumeric|
|Display screen||4x20 character alphanumeric|
|Pre-defined Tracking Rates||Sidereal, solar, lunar, King and stop (Note: lunar rate is R.A. only, and does not include the moon's movement in declination.)|
|Pre-defined Direction Button Rates||0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 12x, 64x for centering and manual guiding. Also, 200x, 600x, 1200x|
|Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - Mach2GTO||
600x, 1000x and 1800x when using supplied 24V power supply. Top speed reduces to 1200x with 12V supply
|Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - All 900GTO, 1200GTO and Mach1GTO||600x, 900x and 1200x ( top speed - 5 degrees per second)|
|Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - 3600GTO and 3600GTOPE||300x, 450x and 600x ( top speed - 2.5 degrees per second)|
|Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rates - 400GTO and 600EGTO with 32:1 gearbox||590x, 860x and 980x (Top speed dependent on available voltage from power supply. Note that these rates differ from those in the GTOCP2 - 460x, 580x, and 675x)|
|Pre-defined Rapid GoTo Slew Rate - 400GTO and 600EGTO with 19.8:1 gearbox||600x, 900x and 1200x ( top speed - 5 degrees per second)|
Firmware updates are available at no charge to all owners of Astro-Physics GTO mounts through internet download. Please refer to the Software Updates page for a link to the most recent version.