3.5" Prime Focus Field Flattener for 130GTX or prior 130EDFGT upgraded to 3.5" Focuser (13035FF)
Brand : Astro-Physics
Discontinued: No Longer Available
- Please refer to the information below for links to the new versions.
December 18, 2022. This version of the 13035FF has been replaced by the newer versions that were designed to optimize performance with the newest CMOS cameras with pixel sizes of 3.76 microns and smaller. We encourage you to select the appropriate version for your refractor.
Part # 13035FF-2
- 130mm StarFire GTX serial # 130GTX-600 to 130GTX-888. These were shipped from 2015 to Dec 2019. The dew shield does NOT have a thumbscrew for lockdown.
- 130 StarFire GT scope that has been upgraded to our 3.5" focuser.
Part # 13035FF-3
- 130mm StarFire GTX serial # 130GTX-900 and higher. These were shipped from October 2020 to the present. The dew shield includes a thumbscrew for lockdown.
Part # 13027FF-GT
- 130mm StarFire GT scopes with the original 2.7" focuser.
The following historical information is provided for your reference.
The 130 GTX images at f/6.7 with the Flattener.
Conveniently, it uses the same camera adapters as the QUADTCC (and those of the flatteners and TCCs of the 160 and 175 Starfires).
The backfocus spacing from the rear flange is:
With Backfocus Spacer - 80.8 mm +/- 2.5 mm
Without Backfocus Spacer - 102.9 mm +/- 2.5 mm
Field of View with 130 StarFire GTX and 3.5" Field Flattener
Fully Illuminated Circle
2.6” (65 mm)
4.3° (256 min.)
Diagrams and Instruction Sheets
- 130GTX Field Flattener Spacing Requirements
- Field Flatteners, TCCs & QUADTCC Imaging Train Options
- Optimizing Your Field Flattener / Lens / Camera Combination
If you need an adapter that is not listed above, we recommend that you contact PreciseParts. Refer to the link for the spacing requirements document above.