0.72x Quad Telecompressor Corrector (QUADTCC)
Brand : Astro-Physics
- In Stock
Expand your field! Reduce your f/value, speeding up the collection of photons! And do it with pin-point stars all the way to the corners of your full frame 35 mm sensor!
Recommended for These Scopes:
- AP 130mm f6.3 StarFire GTX. Has the appropriate 3.5" focuser.
- TEC 140mm f7. Has Starlight Instruments 3.5" focuser, so requires our S35RFAA adapter.
- TEC 160mm f7. Has Starlight Instruments 3.5" focuser, so requires our S35RFAA adapter.
- TEC 180mm f7. Has Starlight Instruments 3.5" focuser, so requires our S35RFAA adapter.
- Four carefully matched glass elements are carefully figured and then coated with the very latest multi-coatings to produce this optical wonder. All mechanical parts, including the covers, are CNC machined and black anodized with a lustrous finish.
- The male threads are 3.270" x 16
Backfocus Spacers and Focuser Adapters
The following chart shows the backfocus spacing (as measured from the rear flange of the backfocus spacer) is 80.8 mm +/- 1.0 mm.
Determine the appropriate Backfocus Spacer for the telescope that you plan to use and purchase it separately. If own more than one of the telescopes listed below, you are in luck. Simply purchase the appropriate Backfocus Spacer to use the QUADTCC with that scope as well.
|Scope||Focuser or Adapter Required||Backfocus Spacer Required||Backfocus Spacing||Spacing with Backfocus Spacer||Spacing without Backfocus Spacer|
|AP 130 GTX||None||EXT327-22.1 (formerly A5020)||22.1 mm||80.8 mm||102.9 mm|
|TEC 140||S35RFAA||EXT327-18.3 (formerly A2680)||18.3 mm||80.8 mm||99.1 mm|
|TEC 160||S35RFAA||EXT327-17.0 (formerly A5022)||17.0 mm||80.8 mm||97.8 mm|
|TEC 180||S35RFAA||EXT327-16.0 (formerly A5023)||16.0 mm||80.8 mm||96.8 mm|
Diagrams and Instructions:
- 0.72x QUAD Telecompressor Corrector Spacing Requirements
- Field Flatteners, TCCs & QUADTCC Imaging Train Options
- Determining Ring Spacing Change
Focuser Adapter for a TEC scope:
You will also need to order a Drawtube Endcap (S35RFAA), shown below, for the focuser. This only applies to the TEC focusers. The S35RFAA screws onto the drawtube's 4.100" x 24 thread (same as Starlight Instrument's 3.5" focuser endcap thread).
Focuser Adapter for Astro-Physics Scopes that have 4" Focusers
The QUADTCC was designed for the 3.5" focuser, however, it can be easily used with our 4" focuser fitted with our 4" to 3.5" Adapter with Thumbscrews for 4" Focuser (ADA435).
3.27" Spacer Rings (SRSET-327, formerly A5025SET) and 2.7" Spacer Rings (SRSET-27)
In most imaging setups it will not be necessary to modify the spacing distance. However, there may be some sensor/camera combinations that can benefit by making slight changes to this spacing. A set of three 1 mm thick spacer rings is being offered that can be used in special circumstances to modify the backfocus spacing of the Telecompressor Corrector.
Don’t be left behind in the stellar dust…
...image it faster than ever before!
The QUADTCC was previously sold bundled with the Backfocus Spacer Extension, however the adapter is now sold separately as outlined above.