3.27" Spacer Rings , Set of 3 Rings (SRSET-327)
Brand : Astro-Physics
- In Stock
- Original Part #::
In most imaging setups, it will not be necessary to modify the spacing distance. However, there may be some sensor/camera combinations that can benefit by making slight changes to this spacing.
A set of three 1 mm thick spacer rings is being offered that can be used in special circumstances to modify the backfocus spacing of the following:
- Telecompressor Correctors: QUADTCC, 155TCC*, 160TCC* or 175TCC* (* are no longer available, but you may own them already)
- Field Flatteners: 13035FF-2, 13035FF-3, 14035FF, 13035FF*, 160FF* or 175FF* (*are no longer available, but you may own them already)
Recommendations to achieve proper spacing:
- Increase the spacing by adding one, two or three of these spacer rings to your imaging train as shown in the diagram referenced below.
- You may first reduce the distance by switching to a shorter 3.27" Backfocus Spacer Extension. Then, add the appropriate number of these 3.27" spacer rings to achieve the optimum spacing or use the 2.7" Spacer Rings (SRSET-27) with the 2.7" Extensions (EXT27-) or a combination of both 2.7" and 3.27" rings. You can easily experiment with 1mm increments.
Diagrams and Instructions:
- Diagram: Field Flatteners, TCCs & QUADTCC Imaging Train Options
- Document: Determining Ring Spacing Change
- Document: Optimizing Your Field Flattener / Lens / Camera Combination
In May 2021, this part # changed from A5025SET to SRSET-327.